One of golf’s major championships for juniors; the Junior PGA Championship is where the best junior golfers in the United States and abroad get their start. The Championship celebrates its 41st anniversary on August 9 – August 12 (Tuesday-Friday), 2016, at Wannamoisett Country Club (Rumford, RI) and is a qualifying venue for the 2016 Junior Ryder Cup.
To be eligible for the Junior PGA Championship, one must:
- Be the top 2 Boys or Girls from the Philadelphia Section Junior PGA Championship. Competitors must compete in the Section in which they reside in. Qualifiers are identified based on the 2 lowest gross scores in the 13-18 age division. Note: Any junior who wishes to qualify for the Junior PGA Championship must play 36 holes from the same tees as the 13-18 year old division and pay the same entry fee.
To be eligible for the Philadelphia Section PGA Championship, one must:
- Finish in top third (1/3) of Boys 13-18 Division or 12 & Under Division (Boys & Girls) at 1 of 4 Philadelphia Section PGA Championship local qualifiers (Girls do not have to qualify at 1 of the 4 local qualifiers. Girls are already exempt into the Philadelphia Section Junior PGA Championship).
- Be the defending boy and girl representative for the Philadelphia Section PGA at the Junior PGA Championship.
- Have a national ranking in the top 200 on the Junior Golf Scoreboard, Golfweek/Sagarin or Polo Golf Rankings as of January 1st.
- Finish in the previous years’ top 3 on the Player of the Year Points list for the Boys 16-18, Boys 13-15, Girls 16-18 and Girls 13-15 Division on the Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Tour. Additionally, provided they are still playing in the 12 & Under Division, the previous years’ top 3 on the Player of the Year Points list for the 12 & Under Division are invited to compete in the 12 & Under Division for the Junior PGA Championship.
- Be the previous years’ Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware high school individual state champion.
- Be the previous years’ junior champion from SRGA (State and Regional Golf Associations) which include:
- GAP Junior Boys Championship
- GAP Junior-Junior Championship
- PA Golf Association – Junior Boys’ and Girls’ Championship
- NJ State Golf Assoc. – Junior Girls’ Championship
- NJ State Golf Assoc. – Junior Boys’ Championship
- DE State Golf Assoc. – Junior Championships
Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Champions
|2016||Kyle Vance||71 - 69 = 140|
|2015||Joshua Madarang||71 - 70 =141|
|2014||Vinay Ramesh||71 - 72 = 143|
|2013||Isaiah Logue||71 - 73 = 144|
|2012||Braden Shattuck||70 - 70 - 140|
|2011||Braden Shattuck||66 - 68 = 134|
|2010||Scott Jaster||73 - 73 = 146|
|2009||Peter Eiler||70 - 69 = 139|
|2008||Peter Eiler||71 - 71 = 142|
|2007||Mike Amole||76 - 73 = 149|
|2006||David Sanders||69 - 70 = 139|
|2004||Conrad Von Borsig||69|
|2003||Conrad Von Borsig||69|
|2016||Christine Shao||76 - 69 = 145|
|2015||Brynn Walker||75 - 67 = 142|
|2014||Jackie Rogowicz||74 - 71 = 145|
|2013||Jackie Rogowicz||79 - 67 = 146|
|2012||Erica Herr||75 - 73 = 148|
|2011||Erica Herr||75 - 76 = 151|
|2010||Sara Jackson||79 - 81 = 160|
|2009||Stani Schiavone||76 - 72 = 148|
|2008||Alli Weaver||76 - 75 = 151|
|2007||Samantha Arena||80 - 80 = 160|
|2006||Victoria Arena||75 - 72 = 147|
|2005||Angela Oh||79 - 71 = 150|
|2004||Angela Oh||74 - 73 = 147|
|2003||Carly Hunt||81 - 74 = 155|
|2002||Carly Hunt||78 - 74 = 152|
|2001||Jamee Plastow||78 - 80 = 158|