One of golf’s major championships for juniors; the Junior PGA Championship is where the best junior golfers in the United States and abroad get their start. The Championship celebrates its 41st anniversary on August 9 – August 12 (Tuesday-Friday), 2016, at Wannamoisett Country Club (Rumford, RI) and is a qualifying venue for the 2016 Junior Ryder Cup.
To be eligible for the Junior PGA Championship, one must:
- Be the winning Boy or Girl Champion from one of the 41 PGA Sections in which you reside in. Section Champions are identified based on the lowest gross score in the 16-18 age division. Note: Any Junior who wishes to qualify for the Junior PGA Championship must play 36 holes from the same tees as the 16-18 year old division and pay the same entry fee.
- Be the 16-18 Division Boy or Girl Champion from one of the first nine PGA Junior Series events that season will be exempt into the Junior PGA Championship. For more information on the PGA Junior Series, please visit www.PGAJuniorSeries.com
To be eligible for the Philadelphia Section PGA Championship, one must:
- Finish in top third (1/3) of Boys 13-18 Division or 12 & Under Division (Boys & Girls) at 1 of 4 Philadelphia Section PGA Championship local qualifiers (Girls do not have to qualify at 1 of the 4 local qualifiers. Girls are already exempt into the Philadelphia Section Junior PGA Championship).
- Be the defending boy and girl representative for the Philadelphia Section PGA at the Junior PGA Championship.
- Have a national ranking in the top 200 on the Junior Golf Scoreboard, Golfweek/Sagarin or Polo Golf Rankings as of January 1st.
- Finish in the previous years’ top 3 on the Player of the Year Points list for the Boys 16-18, Boys 13-15, Girls 16-18 and Girls 13-15 Division on the Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Tour. Additionally, provided they are still playing in the 12 & Under Division, the previous years’ top 3 on the Player of the Year Points list for the 12 & Under Division are invited to compete in the 12 & Under Division for the Junior PGA Championship.
- Be the previous years’ Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware high school individual state champion.
Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Champions
|2016||Kyle Vance||71 - 69 = 140|
|2015||Joshua Madarang||71 - 70 =141|
|2014||Vinay Ramesh||71 - 72 = 143|
|2013||Isaiah Logue||71 - 73 = 144|
|2012||Braden Shattuck||70 - 70 - 140|
|2011||Braden Shattuck||66 - 68 = 134|
|2010||Scott Jaster||73 - 73 = 146|
|2009||Peter Eiler||70 - 69 = 139|
|2008||Peter Eiler||71 - 71 = 142|
|2007||Mike Amole||76 - 73 = 149|
|2006||David Sanders||69 - 70 = 139|
|2004||Conrad Von Borsig||69|
|2003||Conrad Von Borsig||69|
|2016||Christine Shao||76 - 69 = 145|
|2015||Brynn Walker||75 - 67 = 142|
|2014||Jackie Rogowicz||74 - 71 = 145|
|2013||Jackie Rogowicz||79 - 67 = 146|
|2012||Erica Herr||75 - 73 = 148|
|2011||Erica Herr||75 - 76 = 151|
|2010||Sara Jackson||79 - 81 = 160|
|2009||Stani Schiavone||76 - 72 = 148|
|2008||Alli Weaver||76 - 75 = 151|
|2007||Samantha Arena||80 - 80 = 160|
|2006||Victoria Arena||75 - 72 = 147|
|2005||Angela Oh||79 - 71 = 150|
|2004||Angela Oh||74 - 73 = 147|
|2003||Carly Hunt||81 - 74 = 155|
|2002||Carly Hunt||78 - 74 = 152|
|2001||Jamee Plastow||78 - 80 = 158|