The PJT Code of Conduct has been put in place to ensure that the traditions and integrity of the game are upheld at all times. The PJT requires all members along with parents, guardians and spectators to adhere to the following set of guidelines to make the tournament the best possible experience for all involved.
The USGA Rules of Golf govern all play except as otherwise specified or modified by the Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Tour Local Rules & Conditions of Competition.
- Cheating will not be tolerated
- Players who observe a violation of the Rules of Golf or the PJT Local Rules & Conditions of Competition are expected to notify fellow competitors within their group, reach an agreement concerning the facts of the incident, and then report the incident and the related facts to the Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Tour Field Staff as soon as possible.
- If the Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Tour Field Staff observes violations, they will notify the players that they are disqualified from the tournament and that a further review will occur.
- Incidents of cheating will be reviewed by the observing Field Staff, the Junior Golf Director, and the Junior Golf Committee.
Depending on the severity of the violation, the Committee may assess the following penalties:
- A written letter of warning and reprimand
- Disqualification from the next event entered by the player
- Disqualification for the remainder of the Tour without refund
Code of Conduct Penalties
Any Code of Conduct violation will result in a written letter to the player and his or her parent/guardian. The PJT Committee may assess any or all of the following penalties based on the severity and frequency of the violation (s):
- Two stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike behavior
- Immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a tournament disqualification may also result in disqualification from the next event(s) for which a player has been accepted
- The PJT reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership for a major breach of the PJT Code of Conduct
- Violation of the PJT Code of Conduct may affect a players eligibility for invitational’s and post-season honors.