All 2019 Summer Internships have been filled!
Summer Internship Dates
- Three Month Internship – May 15 – August 15
- Seven Month Internship – May 15 – December 15
- Beginning and ending dates may vary based on school dates and individual preferences
An internship with the Philadelphia Section PGA requires a self-motivated and well-rounded individual pursuing a career in the golf/sports industry. The position will promote an exceptional golf experience on the Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Tour to parents and junior golfers alike. The Philadelphia Section PGA is committed to growing the game of golf and the development of young men and women through tournament play who aspire to prepare themselves for the next level of competition. The mission of the Philadelphia Section PGA Junior Tour is to promote the enjoyment and involvement in golf among young amateurs, stimulate the interest in the game of golf and protect the overall integrity and traditions of the game.
A typical work day at the office is M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. A typical work day on location will begin between 5-8 a.m. and end between 4-7 p.m., including some weekends. The Junior Golf Intern will travel extensively throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey during the internship to administer junior golf tournaments. Applicants should have access to reliable transportation as you will be responsible for driving to and from a majority of tournament sites. If you are not a morning person or dislike traveling long distances, this internship is not for you. The Junior Golf Intern will work approximately 30-40 single day events during the summer months with the opportunity to work Philadelphia Section PGA Professional tournaments as well.
- Work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
- Exposed to direct sunlight
- Drive and operate company vans and golf cars
- Use and operate company equipment (walkie-talkies, lightning detection system, pop-up tents, etc.)
- Ability to spot golf balls
- Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for extended period of times
- Website coordination
- Score-keeping and results tabulation
- Member and parent relations
- Event set-up
- Course marking and setup
- Volunteer coordination
- Monitoring pace of play
- Tournament Operations
- Rules of Golf officiating
- Public Speaking
- Work cooperatively with Philadelphia Section PGA Staff
- Assist in the publication of newsletters, press releases and promotional materials
- Self-starter, take the initiative and motivate others
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Background experience in BlueGolf is a plus
- Background experience with The Rules of Golf is a plus
- Salary and Compensation
- The Junior Golf Intern will be reimbursed for his/her time based upon work experience. In addition, this internship may be used to receive credit hours as outlined by the college/university which you are attending.
The following expenses are compensated by the PJT (When on location):
- All travel between sites
- All meals
- Hotel accommodations
The following expenses will not be compensated by the PJT:
- Personal phone calls
- Travel expenses incurred during free time
- Personal purchases
- Recreational expenses
- Internship Benefits
- An internship with the Philadelphia Section PGA will provide one with an invaluable experience in tournament operations and event management. The benefits are endless as the Junior Golf Intern will meet and interact with successful Philadelphia PGA Professionals, experienced Superintendents and influential Sponsors. The internship will undoubtedly assist with the professional growth of any individual that wants to pursue a career in business and the game of golf.
Interested applicants may send their resumes to the Philadelphia Junior Tour at firstname.lastname@example.org.